Strong And Experienced Legal Solutions

Can I Change A Court Order If My Life Has Changed?

When a divorce is finalized, the resulting order is based on the conditions that existed at the time of the divorce. If conditions change over time, however, you may be entitled to request a modification of certain terms of the divorce. There are specific criteria that must be met in order to modify an order. An experienced attorney can help you through this potentially complex process.

We Help Clients With All Types Of Modification Issues

At the Law Office of Michael D. Weinstock, P.A., in the Niceville, Florida, we represent family law and divorce clients throughout the Florida Panhandle region. If you are seeking to modify your divorce agreement to better reflect your current situation or you wish to oppose changes requested by your ex, we will make the most compelling argument to support your position.

Let us help you with matters involving:

  • Custody and visitation: You can request a change in custody or visitation arrangements if your work schedule or a proposed relocation makes it difficult for you to manage the current agreement. You may also seek a custody modification if your child is being neglected or abused by the custodial parent.
  • Child support: Modifications can be made if there is a significant change in either spouse’s income or if the child reaches the age of majority. If you need to modify child support based on a change in income, speak to an attorney immediately. Requests are only retroactive to the date of the request, not the date of the change in circumstances.
  • Spousal support: Spousal support can be modified due to a change in income for either spouse or a change in the marital status of the recipient. Modifications may also be granted if the recipient is in a relationship similar to marriage.
  • Domestication of agreements: In some cases, a person moves to Florida after being divorced in another state. We can help you certify the divorce agreement in Florida so it remains valid after you move.

Available 24/7 ~ Contact Us Today

Contact our office today to discuss your legal issue with a lawyer. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment on evenings and weekends. You may also reach our certified paralegal 24/7 in case of an emergency.

Call us locally at 850-389-4025 or toll free at 866-526-6762. You may also send us an email.

Contact Our Law Office Today To Discuss Your Legal Issue